Children’s Wish Foundation International seeks an energetic and outgoing Development Intern. This position will be responsible for scouting funding opportunities, researching potential opportunities, and executing opportunities to reach a younger audience. Additionally, Development intern will work with our Communications Coordinator and Event Coordinator to strategically promote the mission of Children’s Wish Foundation International.
- Assist in planning and preparation special events
- Assist Event Coordinator with event logistics, participant registration and wrap up procedures.
- Assist with the External Events programs as needed.
- Attend and assist event management during events.
- Assist with mailing assembly.
- Participate as a productive member of the team.
- Answer telephones and dispense appropriate messages and incoming faxes.
- Create and manage peer-to-peer campaigns
- Prospect identification & research: Conduct research to identify additional funding opportunities with college and corporations
- Conduct specific research to identify grant opportunities to fit certain needs of the foundation
- Assist in writing grant proposals
Skills necessary for this role include:
- Enrollment in a university setting with a related major
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively; strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent communication and customer service skill
- Able to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization
- Genuine interest in and passion for advancing the mission of Children’s Wish Foundation International
- Willing to learn the trends and strategies for successful fundraising and have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Non-profit experience is a PLUS
- Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
- Hours: At least 15 hours per week and may vary based on student’s availability.
- Student: College credit may be offered. Candidate must be enrolled at an accredited College or University at the time of application.
Internship Program Start and End Dates
Start Date: Monday, May 22, 2017
End Date: Friday, August 11, 2017
Deadline to apply is May 12, 2017
Please note: resumes without a formal letter of interest will not be considered for this position.